One of the courses that he was taking was taught by a professor who was a avowed atheist, and a member of the ACLU.
One day as the professor came into the classroom he shocked the students when he looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, “GOD, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform… I’ll give you exactly 15 minutes.”
The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop.
Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, “Here I am GOD, I’m still waiting.”
It got down to the last couple of minutes when the Marine got out of his chair, went up to the professor, and cold-cocked him; knocking him off the platform. The professor was out cold. The Marine then went back to his seat and sat there, silently.
The other students were shocked and stunned, and sat there looking on in silence.
The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, looked at the Marine and asked, ”What in the world is the matter with you? Why did you do that?”
The Marine calmly replied, “GOD was too busy today protecting America’s soldiers who are at this very moment protecting your right to say stupid stuff and act like an idiot. So He sent me in answer to your demand.”
The classroom erupted in cheers!
* * * *
I don’t know how true this story is, but I thought it serves as a good example that if one does not know God, that they shouldn’t make unwise remarks.
Arrogance is truly a debilitating condition of the mind. To think that God, the creator of all things sits idly by on His “big throne” waiting to respond to the commands of humanity is quite an astonishing thought. As if God doesn’t have anything better to do then to prove Himself to a mind that is closed off to Him. If a person doesn’t want to believe then that’s okay by God. After all He gives them that choice.
I am sure that the professors attempt was to disprove the existence of God by his simple demand for God to knock him from the platform. However, God doesn’t work that way, nor is He subject to our time table….15 minutes…truly if God was going to react it wouldn’t have taken 15 seconds before that good old boy would have been laying flat on the ground.
Eight Why’s and I’m out..I promise…lol
- Why is it that folks think that God should or can only operate in particular ways (ways, I might add, are according to their thoughts processes) in order to believe that He exist?
- Why is it that the limitations of the human mind believes that the workings of God can only be manifested in certain ways, which in actuality limits the power of God. Why must He fit the image that they’ve created?
- Why is it that mankind will not accept the intercessions of God but would rather mark it up to luck or coincidence?
- Why is it that those who have spent their whole life pushing God away and dismissing His blessings, expect His help in times of trouble? And when they don’t get it, they curse His holy name?
- Why is it that people elect to spend a lifetime convincing others that their election to not believe in God is the correct thought process? Why does it matter so much to them as to why others do not agree?
- Why can’t those who do not believe grant others the same freedom of choice that they embrace? If they did, they would not label those that differ in thinking as a bigot, idiot, weak-minded, brainwashed, archaic and unintelligent?
- Why is it that the very belief in God is such a threat? I mean, if you don’t believe in God then whats the big deal if others do?
- Why does God get blamed for the bad things that happen to folks? But doesn’t get the accolades when the good things happen?
As promised I will conclude but I leave a recommendation with you. Do not ask God to knock you off of any platforms or as such. Because He just might.
If you have any ideas addressing the questions that I’ve asked, please feel free to comment, I’d love to hear your thoughts.