We are not to judge. I know it’s human nature, but judgement is reserved for God’s use. He is the only righteous one who knows the thoughts and heart motivation of all peoples and why they do the things they do. How can we judge others when we are guilty in our own sins? Doesn’t that make us hypocrites?
- Judge not, that you be not judged?
Those that try to judge are inexcusable
- Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things.
Judgment of God according to truth
- We know that the judgment of God rightly falls on those who practice such things.
Those that judge do the same thing
- Do you suppose, O man—you who judge those who practice such things and yet do them yourself—that you will escape the judgment of God?
Only accountable for yourself
- So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.