The Bible is a closed book to everyone who has not been saved. You may be able to understand to a certain point of its literature, but it’s message will not be enlightening because it’s understanding comes from the Holy Spirit. And the Holy Spirit is given to those who have been “born again” which means that they have accepted Christ as their savior.
- no one understands; no one seeks for God.
It is spiritual discerned
1 Corinthians 2:14
- The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.
It may be foolish to the unsaved
1 Corinthians 1:18
- For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Carnal mind at enmity with God
- For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God’s law; indeed, it cannot.
God’s writings are strange to the lost
- Were I to write for him my laws by the ten thousands, they would be regarded as a strange thing.