Prophetic truths of the coming Messiah…only one life has filled each one…Jesus.
His Birth was foretold in (742 BC) Old Testament – Isaiah 7:14
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign, Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel,
(Fulfilled – New Testament – Matthew 1:23)
- “Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel”
*Immanuel – means – God with us
His Birth Place was foretold in (710 BC) Old Testament –Micah 5:2
But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah,who are too little to be among the clans of Judah, from you shall come forth for me one who is to be ruler in Israel,whose coming forth is from of old, from ancient days.
(Fulfilled – New Testament – Matthew 2:5-6)
- They told him, “In Bethlehem of Judea, for so it is written by the prophet: And you, O Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, are by no means least among the rulers of Judah; for from you shall come a ruler who willshepherd my people Israel.'”
Rejected by His own people was foretold in (712 BC) Old Testament – Isaiah 53:3
He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
(Fulfilled -New Testament – John 1:11)
- He came to his own, and his own peopledid not receive him.
Sold for 30 pieces of silver was foretold in (487 BC) Old Testament – Zechariah 11:12
Then I said to them, “If it seems good to you, give me my wages; but if not, keep them.” And they weighed out as my wages thirty pieces of silver.
(Fulfilled – New Testament – Matthew 26:14-16)
- Then one of the twelve, whose name wasJudas Iscariot, went to the chief priests and said, “What will you give me if I deliver him over to you?” And theypaid himthirty pieces of silver. And from that moment he sought an opportunity to betray him.
Hands and Feet pierced was foretold in (1000 BC) Old Testament – Psalms 22:16
For dogs encompass me; a company of evildoers encircles me; they have pierced my hands and feet.
(Fulfilled – New Testament – John 19:37)
- And again another Scripture says, “They will look on him whom they have pierced.”
Identified with a rich man in His death was foretold in (712 BC) Old Testament – Isaiah 53:9
And they made his grave with the wicked and with a rich man in his death, although he had done no violence, and there was no deceit in his mouth.
(Fulfilled – New Testament – Matthew 27:57-60)
- When it was evening, there came a rich man from Arimathea, named Joseph, who also was a disciple of Jesus. He went to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus. Then Pilate ordered it to be given to him. And Joseph took the body and wrapped it in a clean linen shroud and laid it in his own new tomb,which he had cut in the rock. And he rolled a great stone to the entrance of the tomb and went away.
Beaten and spit upon was foretold in (700 BC) Old Testament – Isaiah 50:6
I gave my back to those who strike, and my cheeks to those who pull out the beard; I hid not my face from disgrace and spitting.
(Fulfilled – New Testament – Matthew 26:67)
- Thenthey spit in his face andstruck him. And some slapped him,
Silent in His own defense was foretold in (712 BC) Old Testament – Isaiah 53:7
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent, so he opened not his mouth.
(Fulfilled – New Testament – Matthew 27:12-14)
- But when he was accused by the chief priests and elders, he gave no answer. Then Pilate said to him, “Do you not hear how many things they testify against you?” But he gave him no answer, not even to a single charge, so that the governor was greatly amazed.
Condemned on the basis of a false testimony was foretold in (1000 BC) Old Testament – Psalms 35:11
Malicious witnesses rise up; they ask me of things that I do not know.
(Fulfilled – New Testament – Matthew 26:59)
- Now the chief priests and the whole Councilwere seeking false testimony against Jesus that they might put him to death,
His body resurrected and saw no corruption was foretold in (1000 BC) Old Testament – Psalms 16:10
For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption.
(Fulfilled – New Testament – Acts 2:27-32)
- For you will not abandon my soul to Hades, or let your Holy One see corruption. You have made known to me the paths of life; you will make me full of gladness with your presence.’ “Brothers, I may say to you with confidence about the patriarch David that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. Being therefore a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that he would set one of his descendants on his throne, he foresaw and spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that he was not abandoned to Hades, nor did his flesh see corruption. This Jesus God raised up, and of that we all are witnesses.
No coincident can be credit to all of these well documented truths.